We know sustainability is increasingly important to our attendees and exhibitors, as well as to our market as a whole. Running our events gives us lots of opportunities to improve our impacts environmentally, socially and economically in our host cities. We want to make our event more responsible and play a role in helping our markets improve its own sustainability through connecting people with the networks and knowledge they want to help solve the big challenges in our sector
HOW CAN YOU BE MORE SUSTAINABLE?
If you’d like to know more about how you can help the show be more sustainable:
OUR THREE AIMS
We believe a sustainable event focusses on three key aims:
We want to help our markets through inspiring sustainable development.
We focus on:
- Using our FHTB Sustainability Seminars to support the sustainability of the market the event serves
- Inspiring our suppliers, exhibitors and other stakeholders to ensure they have a sustainability requirement
- Developing market relevant partnerships
We also want to ensure we run our events in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner.
We focus on:
- Reducing our event’s carbon emissions
- We cut down on food waste for a sustainable exhibition by cutting off buffet menus, and replace it with a plated menus for the conferences held at the exhibition, to further aid in prevent food wastage.
- Considering sustainability credentials of the items sourced for the event/ from our onsite experience, it means no straws, no plastic spoons, no unnecessary single use plastic décor etc.
We want to consider how we run our events in a socially responsible manner.
We focus on:
- Using venue that have received the official Cleanliness, Health, Safety, and Environmental Sustainability (CHSE) Certification from KEMENPAREKRAF for a solid path towards sustainability
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility for the disable
Creating a positive impact on our host cities by donating anything
- edible to local food bank or shelter. An effort we take to divert waste. (In collaboration with local NGO teensgogreen.id)
SUSTAINABILITY IN INFORMA MARKETS
Our event is part of Informa Markets and the Informa Group. Sustainability at Informa focuses on the long term impacts we have on customers, colleagues, the communities we work in and the environment.
Many of our stakeholders are clearly telling us that sustainability (social, economic and environmental) is something that is no longer a nice to have but a necessary part of any event. We want to make sure we’re meeting those expectations and we believe that being sustainable is the right thing to do.
We also recognise that it’s not just about the way we produce our events and products but recognizing that we have a role to play in
providing a space to work in partnership together with our markets to inspire the sustainable development of the industries we serve. This is an ongoing process for us and we’re looking for ideas of how we can improve.
More information about our work so far can be found on the www.informa.com/sustainability including our latest sustainability
Informa and its events have received numerous awards and recognition including:
CONTACT AND SHARE YOUR STORY
Would you like to work with us on the sustainability of our event? Would you like to share your own story and efforts? Got an idea? Contact the event team or reach out to Informa’s sustainability team for more information: [email protected]